Tuesday, February 25, 2014

How To Make Quinoa Flour: w/ Videos and Container Label Printables

The day before yesterday I went to buy Quinoa Flour and I was put into shock!! They wanted $14 for one pound! Well there was No Way I was going to pay that and figured that I could make it myself. I went home and did some research and this is what I came up with:

Part One: Toasting
(listen for the popping sound)

Part 2: Blending into flour
Sift the four and re blend what will not sift for a finer flour 
I first tried doing this in my food possessor, but it was taking way too long, so I tried it out in the blender and it worked perfectly!!

The quinoa I buy organic and is about $4.99 a pound when you buy it in bulk at Winco Foods. There are a few different kinds of quinoa, the one I chose with the basic white as it is my favorite.
I have yet to bake with it, but I will be posting that once I am able:

For your printing pleasure here are the labels I made:
(I printed mine out on aged paper, hence the color difference)

Hope you all enjoyed the post!
God Bless,
Jacque Heaton

No comments: