|Homemade Dishwasher Detergent|
Dish Washer Detergent
3 Cups Hot Water
2 Cup Distilled White Vinegar
1 Cup Dawn Dish Soap
6 Tbs. Real Lemon Juice
6 Tbs. Salt
4 Tbs. Washing Soda
Distilled White Vinegar
- To buy the "good" dishwasher detergent from the store we were paying about $14 for a large bottle which we would go through in one month, costing $168 per year.
- The coast for the same amount of homemade detergent: Water-Free, One gallon of Distilled White Vinegar-$3-$5, Dawn Dish Soap-$1-$4,Real Lemon Juice- $1-$3, Salt-$1-$3, Washing Soda- $3-$5.
- Making one year's worth of dishwasher detergent between $9-$20. Making it your yearly savings at least $148!!
- Recycling anything is always a great way to save money. I store my homemade detergent into the store bought detergent, which makes it convenient and a time you don't have to go out and buy a new bottle.
- The bottle of distilled white vinegar that you see in the picture is a recycled mayonnaise bottle. I love it because I can pour the vinegar into the rinse compartment of the dishwasher without the huge gallon bottle of vinegar and it has the little hole in the cap which helps as well.