Friday, February 21, 2014

Triphala...Move over Miralax!!

I am going to have to give my sister, Lizzy, all the credit for this post. We have been finding that our 30's have proven how we are definitely related to each other in the form of our similar aliments lol.

In past IBS posts, I have mentioned how much Miralax has helped me, however I was still having some issues with not being able to "go" everyday. While on the phone with my sister a few weeks back, she recommended Triphala, as it has worked really well for her. As soon as I got off the phone with her I put in my order to Organic India (click here for the link to their home page!) (Click here to go straight to the Triphala page)
 
In just 2 days after placing my order, I found a little box at my door!! I was happily surprised at how quickly my order showed up. Now, my sister has been using this for about 6 months and what she does is take 2 in the morning and is able to go by around noon. I, on the other hand, have only been doing this for almost 2 weeks and have found that taking 1 in the morning and 2 at night is what works for me. So it will work differently from person to person.

For the information here is a snip it I took from Organic India's Triphala page:

Now remember nothing is a miracle pill. You still have to continue to eat lots of fiber and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I'm not big on just plain water and I love my green tea and LOCAL honey! I first make the tea let it cool to 100 degrees or less (but not cold as it makes the honey harder to dissolve). You don't want the tea hotter then 100 because it will kill off all the good stuff that makes honey so good for you. Also make sure it is local organic honey, local bees collect from the plants around you and helps acclimate you to your surroundings, especially allergy sufferers. Then I add some Stevia in the Raw for extra sweetness.

Note: Honey is on the "No No" list of things you are not suppose to have when on the FODMAP diet, but I have found that it is not one of my triggers.

I can never stress enough for you to keep your doctor involved in all IBS issues and make sure that this is not something that is incompatible with other medications you may be taking!

God Bless, 
Jacque Heaton

No comments: