Friday, March 7, 2014

Flourless Chocolate Mini Cake Recipe

I have been craving something sweet like mad lately! I scoured the web for some kind of treat , for something, anything I could make! All I could find was recipes that were glucose free, some that were lactose free, or fructose free. Some that were free of two, but none that were free of  all three! I was so frustrated.

I ended up running across a Flourless Chocolate Cake. I have never baked or eaten Flourless Chocolate Cake, but it looked really yummy, so I thought I would give it a try. The recipe called for a half a stick of butter (lactose), and sugar (fructose). So I had to do some tweaking in order to make it low-FODMAP. 

The original recipe was from a wonderful blog Whipperberry (click here to go to her site)
Here is her ingredient list and how I changed it:

3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips: I didn't have anything to replace it so I just left it out
1/2 cup butter: 1/2 cup of  Glucose Free Activia Yogurt
1/2 cup sugar:1/3 cup of Stevia
1/2 cup dutch cocoa: Glucose Free Baking Coco
3 eggs: I kept the same


(Scroll to the bottom of this post to get my printable recipe w/directions)

Here is what they look like before I backed them
(Next time I will be making them twice as thick)

Here is what they looked like coming out of the oven:


Here is the final Flourless Chocolate Mini Cakes:
(as you can see they are more the size of cookies and that is why next time I will double the batter per mini cake)


So here it the final recipe (click to view and print):


Happy Baking!

God Bless,
Jacque Heaton



No comments: