Monday, March 24, 2014

My New Addiction: Coco Banana Quinoa Flaxseed Pancakes

Ok so for all my fellow low-FODMAP dieters and healthy people alike, I have to say these are amazing, and like the title says, my new addiction. Think about it healthy, filling yummy, sweet, these pancakes are all in one. You can even give your kids what they see as chocolate pancakes and you can feel good about it!

Another thing that I love about these is how easy they are to make, the recipe is so easy you can memorize it after the first time you make them. Depending on how thick or thin you like your pancakes, you may want to adjust a few things to your liking.

Ingredients
2 lg. Eggs
1 Ripe Banana
1 1/2 cups of Almond Milk
1 cup Gluten Free Coco
1 cup Quinoa Flower
1 cup Milled Flax Seed
1/4 cup Stevia
Coconut Oil for the pan and flavor


Crack and whisk the 2 Eggs
Mash in the Banana


Poor in the Almond Milk and Mix



Add in the Coco and Stevia



Next the Flour and Flax Seed


Pre-warm your pan to med. heat
add a little coconut oil and do a little tester
(in case you need to make a tweak or two)


I like my pancakes to fill the whole plate.
Just like regular pancakes, once you see the bubbles starting to stay open they are ready to flip!


Don't worry when they turn up this dark, they aren't burnt. 


If you make them the same size I do, then you will end up with four very filling and satisfying pancakes
I top mine with some local honey.



Hope you enjoy!

God bless,
Jacque Heaton

No comments: